California Transparency In Supply Chains Act of 2010
The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 is focused on eliminating slavery and human trafficking from global supply chains. This act requires companies that do business in California to disclose what efforts their organizations engage in to ensure their supply chain is free of human rights violations.
Miken Sports' Social Responsibility
Miken Sports and its subsidiaries have implemented a comprehensive corporate social responsibility program to ensure that we operate within the highest standards of business ethics and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
As good corporate stewards, Miken Sports will not work with any suppliers that engage in human trafficking and/or slavery. As part of our comprehensive social responsibility program, we conduct audits which serve as a starting point to understand suppliers' compliance infrastructure. Issues such as human trafficking, slavery, forced/prison labor and child labor are zero tolerance violations and Miken Sports will not conduct business with suppliers having such practices. Our audits allow us to verify that all labor at our suppliers' factories is voluntary.
- Our verification of social responsibility standards consists of both internal and external audits
- Random onsite visits at factories
- Worker Interviews
- Key program documents such as our Code of Conduct and Supplier Handbook outline our strict social responsibility requirements.
- All Suppliers that sign the Code of Conduct must adhere to our comprehensive social responsibility requirements and are to follow all law and regulations in the jurisdictions in which our products are manufactured.
- To improve our supply chain we work with our suppliers on an ongoing basis through: supplier training/ development; capacity building; root cause analysis and onsite visits to ensure our suppliers are meeting long- term compliance objectives
- Various forms of training to include: in person; roundtables; webinars and e-learning.
- Comprehensive corrective action plans developed with suppliers to create long-term sustainable improvements.
- Root-cause analysis to drive issue resolution